If you wish to amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time through your account.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details – such as name;
- Personal contact details – such as your email address;
- Log in details – such as username and password;
- Payment details – such as your billing address.
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Your opinion of our products and services;
- Your preferences, including newsletters;
Information we obtain from partners and public sources
In some circumstances, we collect information about you from our partners or from publicly available websites to help us better understand our audience and enhance the relevance of our content.
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
- Your location
- Your usage
- Your device
A "cookie" is a piece of information, that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit that website.
They are used by most websites including GrowthAces.com. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
◾give you a better online experience
◾allow you to set personal preferences
◾protect your security
◾measure and improve our service
How long do cookies stay on your computer?
Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the website may not work on your computer or mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the website. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.
Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account or by contacting customer services.
- Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. For example, where we are aware of copyright infringements on our Site, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
- Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a subscriber, we would need to process your e-mail address to fulfil your subscription.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law. For example, we process and retain customer invoice information to comply with financial regulations.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for six main reasons:
- To provide our service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect.
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our readers use our Sites so we can make improvements. This includes testing proposed developments on our Sites, reaching out to our customers with market research surveys and hosting subscriber focus groups.
- To bill our customers – We, along with our authorised payments processors, securely process your payment information to take payments, give refunds and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. We will also update your payment information in the event that a payment is unsuccessful. You can manage your payment information at any time by contacting us.
- To monitor compliance with our policies and terms – We monitor for breaches of our terms and conditions and copyright policies
- To personalise our products and services – We improve your experience of our products and services by personalising parts of our Sites and apps with the information you give us and what we learn about you.
- To communicate product changes and offers – We want you to get the most out of our services, including showcasing our latest content and newsletters. We will contact you with offers and promotions.
Who we share your personal information with
We disclose personal information to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Commonly, we will disclose information to:
- Service providers – We engage service providers who help to support our business and improve our products. These service providers include, for example, fulfilment providers for delivery of our digital content and marketing;
- Social media providers – Information will be shared with social media platforms where you log in to our Sites via a social media account, or use components on our Sites provided by social media platforms (e.g. the “Facebook Recommend” function).
- Other users – Our Sites are publicly accessible and anyone around the world who accesses our Sites will be able to see anything you post, such as comments about an article. We encourage you to use a pseudonym when commenting on our Sites if you do not wish to be identifiable to other readers.
How long we retain your personal information
We retain the majority of your personal information for as long as your account is active and therefore open; this allows you to continue accessing our content, products and services.
If you become inactive and are not a subscriber, we may delete elements of the information associated with your account. We will normally warn you if your access is going to be withdrawn and give you the opportunity to retain your account.
Where we don’t need to keep all of your information in full, we will obfuscate or aggregate it, for example, web activity logs and survey responses. This is to ensure that we do not retain your information for any longer than is necessary.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss. We use encryption technology, such as SSL, to protect your personal information when you order products or services from us.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data;
You can exercise these rights through your account or by contacting us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Personal information is collected by Money Media Wojciech Matysiak.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact us.